Steve Aldridge from Port Coquitlam BC, Canada

Steve Aldridge from Port Coquitlam BC, Canada

Postby steveald » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:11 am

Hi

I am building a Sonex ST from plans, except for the welded and fiberglass parts, and some other miscellaneous parts, but mostly from scratch.
I work in the electric sign industry, and have access to a full sheet metal shop, with a paint booth and CNC machines (one of which I built myself), and very supportive employers.
My goal is to move into a shared hangar early 2014 and fly in 2016. I bought my plans in Dec 2011 and have the tailcone done as well as stabilizers, elevator, rudder, and flaps ready for pre-close inspection. I also have most of the rest of the aluminum parts fabricated, and am working on the forward fuselage now. My progress is documented in a stack of notebooks, and hundreds of digital photos, so my winter project will be to transfer all that onto the computer in a more organized log. Most of my pictures are on Google+ (picasaweb) and can be viewed here: https://picasaweb.google.com/105243688059838247140
Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments
Steve Aldridge
Sonex ST #1560
CYPK, BC Canada
steveald

Re: Steve Aldridge from Port Coquitlam BC, Canada

Postby MichaelFarley56 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:51 am

Glad to have you on board Steve! Please feel free to ask questions if you have any. I look forward to watching your build! Thanks for posting.
Mike Farley
Waiex #0056 - N569KM
Jabiru 3300A #1706
MGL Panel
MichaelFarley56

Re: Steve Aldridge from Port Coquitlam BC, Canada

Postby chrisyk » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:24 am

Looks good Steve.

This is Chris Holloway. We met 2 years ago when I was in PoCo on a course. You have made great progress for a plans built. I am still building, and I'm building a kit. I'm getting there though. Engine mounted, canopy mostle done. Cowling mostly done. Panel done. Now wiring up firewall forward.

Chris
Sonex 1226
chrisyk

Return to Introductions