TinkerBelle Waiex from Switzerland

TinkerBelle Waiex from Switzerland

Postby berger » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:00 am

Hi Sonex and Waiex enthusiasts!

As a matter of facts I'm a very happy Waiex owner, regularly flying with TinkerBelle since July 22nd 2008. She's a tail dragger powered by a so called "early hydraulic lifters" Jabiru 3300 of which I used to be pretty unhappy even though it did not stop propelling, it did produce much heat, wear and not the promised power. A top overhaul with some corrective actions, quite some actually, improved my contentment with the engine. The "JaBerger" is fed by an AeroCarb which now works perfectly, even if in the beginning it required quite some adjustments. The building experience was very enjoyable and I stopped counting the spent time at around 2000 hours, but the plane did already made its maiden flight at this time. These hours include the complete certification paperwork with complete structural substantiation analysis and reports for the Swiss aviation authorities (FOCA) who did not thrust the work performed by Sonex LCC. This is how it goes in my tiny part of Europe.

Since the forum has moved here from the Yahoo group, back at the end of March, I've pretty much lost track of the news concerning Sonex building and operation. This was due to the lack of time to configure the many many tunable settings. This is a task I just accomplished today (I hope so, at least), and here I am in the "Introductions" topics.

It is unclear to me if all the topics have to be marked as "v subscribe topis" at the end of each page in order to receive e-mails about that particular topic. This sounds like a tedious work to be... Could a good soul give me a hint on this, please?

Hope I can sort of catch-up with this forum within the next weeks ;-)

Have Safe Fun!
Sosthène BERGER

Waiex s/n W0026 – T/D – HB–YMY – Jabiru 3300 – AeroCarb – Sensenich W54SK-64G
Maiden Flight 22nd July 08
berger

Re: TinkerBelle Waiex from Switzerland

Postby Bryan Cotton » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:16 am

Sosthène,
Welcome to the forum! I remember you sent some encouragement my way when we still had Waiexplans on yahoo groups. I am building with my son, lots of pages in my photo album thread to catch up on if you are interested. We have a good online community here and I am glad to see you join us.

Edit: here is my project starting from the beginning.
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=578
Bryan Cotton
Poplar Grove, IL C77
Waiex 191 N191YX
Taildragger, Aerovee, acro ailerons
dual sticks with sport trainer controls
Prebuilt spars and machined angle kit
Year 2 flying and approaching 200 hours December 23
Bryan Cotton

Re: TinkerBelle Waiex from Switzerland

Postby berger » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:57 am

Bryan Cotton wrote:Sosthène,
Welcome to the forum! I remember you sent some encouragement my way when we still had Waiexplans on yahoo groups. I am building with my son, lots of pages in my photo album thread to catch up on if you are interested. We have a good online community here and I am glad to see you join us.

Edit: here is my project starting from the beginning.
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=578

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your Welcome message!
Happy to see you're going on fine with your son. Great!

Have Safe Fun!
Sosthène BERGER

Waiex s/n W0026 – T/D – HB–YMY – Jabiru 3300 – AeroCarb – Sensenich W54SK-64G
Maiden Flight 22nd July 08
berger

Return to Introductions