stx 165 transponder ans uavionics ads b out

Discussion of Avionics and Flight Instruments. Such as: EFIS, EIS, GPS, COM, NAV, Antennas, Audio Panels, Steam Gauges

Re: stx 165 transponder ans uavionics ads b out

Postby WaiexN143NM » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:20 am

hi gordon,
yes i feel your pain. i like the rotec products, but the customer service is less than desired. and the navworx fiasco that dragged on for over a year, and left everyone holding the bag at the end. the faa had a big fine levied against the owner, dont know what happened with that as the company folded. the owner cleaned out the bank accounts. last seen on a whale watching trip in hawaii.
can you use a handheld till this gets resolved? spruce sells headset and ptt adapters for handhelds.
possibly also hook up to your antenna coax?
ugh..... hang in there. next time you know where to spend your $$$. down the road somewhere else.

to be continued......

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby SNX1508 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:46 am

Gordon wrote:MGL V6 Runaround......?

To Michael..Waiex 143

Thanks for your input....and yes....Friday WAS Nov. 2nd.

Another day has gone by and still no tracking number so I assume Rainbow has "dropped the ball" once more and not shipped the replacement radio as promised 3 days ago.

At this point I am about ready to go directly to MGL in South Africa and email them ALL my correspondence with Rainbow so far. I would think they would not be happy with their U.S. distributor....it gives their product a "black eye".

This is my first experience with MGL.....both my RV's had Icom radios and were never a problem. I was forced to go with a very short radio in my Onex because of the panel to fuel tank dimensions.

To be continued.............

Gordon.........Hummel 2400....Onex

Just an FYI,

I had a problem with my new MGL V6 and contacted MGL directly. My request for assistance/tech support was handed off to Matt Liknaitky. It took 4 months to determine & correct a firmware issue, and then only after I was able to open a version of the source code for the firmware that I found online and determine its release number & date, which did not match an earlier version of what Matt told me was the most recent.

Anyway, don't be surprised if your contact with Corporate MGL ends up with Matt Liknaitky.

Terry L. Cooper
SNX #1508
Tail Wheel
AeroVee #0736
N296SX
2005 construction hours, and was completed in October 2016
http://www.mykitlog.com/SNX1508
First engine run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9wP77I ... e=youtu.be
FAA Inspected & Airworthiness Certificate issued 11/4/2016
Sport ASEL endorsement on 8/9/2017
Tailwheel endorsement on 9/7/2017
Sonex #1508 N296SX first flight on 11/29/2017
20+ Hours Flight Time
Terry
Sonex #1508
N296SX
AeroVee #0736
Tail Dragger
http://www.mykitlog.com/SNX1508
SNX1508

Postby Gordon » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:28 am

The MGL Fiasco gets even Worse

To Micheal....Waiex 143 and Terry Cooper

I sent an "extensive email" to Rainier Lamers at MGL, South Africa describing my situation and that Rainbow in California seems to have "dropped the ball" regarding my "failed" V-6 radio with only 11 hours on it.

Rainer Larmers replied this morning and basically said...........SORRY ABOUT YOUR LUCK...!

He says MGL has not made the V6 com for the last 2 years and I should contact Matt at Rainbow. The radio is now made by SW Electronics in South Africa but I could not find a website for them......go figure.

I was hoping MGL South Africa could do something on my behalf but it doesn't look like that will happen.

To be continued........

Gordon.....Hummel 2400....Onex
Gordon

Postby WaiexN143NM » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:44 pm

Hi gordon,
Good luck on the fiasco. Scott meyer posted a V6 radio for sale on here recently. Check it out. Maybe a drop in replacement while you get the other one fixed. Good luck!!

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby MGLAvionics » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:53 pm

Hi Gordon

I apologize that we were not able to assist you in a way that was satisfactory at the time. I hope you will find our current solution satisfactory.

Best

Matt
MGLAvionics

Postby Gordon » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:18 am

MGL Solution In the Works

Hey Matt (Rainbow Aircraft).........The solution you have offered me is very satisfactory (shipment pending).

I hope to see a "tracking number" by the end of today (Friday Nov. 9th) as promised.

When I see the "package" at my door I will know your "offered solution" is complete........AND.... I will report that as well on this "discussion group" that I have had a positive outcome on this matter.

Thanks for your help Matt.

Gordon......Hummel 2400.....Onex
Gordon

Postby Gordon » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:39 pm

MGL Radio Woes Not Over Yet

Matt Liknaitzky (MGL California) promised "immediate shipment" of the "promised solution" (replacement radio) on Thursday Nov. 8th followed by a tracking number. I gave him a "day's grace" and really thought it would be Friday.....well it is now Saturday noon Nov. 10th and still NOTHING. This is the 3rd time he has promised to ship the replacement radio.

Is this the way to run a business and "customer service"....? What's up with Rainbow (MGL California)?

Come on Matt.....don't bother to apologize to me again ........just do your job.

To be continued..............

Gordon.......Hummel 2400........Onex
Gordon

Postby wlarson861 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:32 am

To be fair...I have ordered from MGL in California several times. The latest was this spring when I needed new EGT probes for my engine change. MGL, like Sonex has never sent a tracking number. But I have always received the merchandise fairly quickly.
Bill Larson
N861SX
Sonex, polished, tail wheel, Generation 4 Jabiru 3300
wlarson861

Postby Gordon » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:54 am

The MGL Radio Fiasco.....

Hey Bill Larson.........I acknowledge your comments regarding Sonex and MGL not sending tracking numbers on your shipments........but here is my situation.

Matt at MGL specifically said....and I quote him......

"Okay--Shipping Today" "Tracking number coming by email" .....these are Matt's exact words.

This was on Thursday, Nov. 8th at 4:12 pm. This is now Sunday, Nov. 11th at 10:55 am.......and nothing.

Gordon.....Hummel 2400.....Onex
Gordon

Postby WaiexN143NM » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:04 pm

hi all,
hmm......when i order from sonex online i always get an order acknowledgement. then another the the order is processed (paid) and will be shipping. i then get a email , from ups that has a tracking #.
make sure sonex has your up to date email info.

waiexN143NM
michael.
WaiexN143NM

PreviousNext

Return to Avionics and Instruments