Step by Step How to for the MGL Discovery Lite

Discussion of Avionics and Flight Instruments. Such as: EFIS, EIS, GPS, COM, NAV, Antennas, Audio Panels, Steam Gauges

Step by Step How to for the MGL Discovery Lite

Postby Stogie6 » Tue May 24, 2016 6:10 pm

I have a very simple request for the collective group today. Let me start by saying that I have been thru the MGL manual and have attempted (with some success) to "program" the 7" Discovery Lite to my systems - aerovee, rdac, radio, transponder, etc. My new quest is to get my fuel flow to register, fuel level readings, the RPMs to read correctly, and other steps that I have yet to discover. So, my question is this: Who has a very basic step-by-step process as to when I turn on the efis, which button to search for, what setting is my RPM, all those items that make for a great instrument panel gadget? I am a product of the steam gage world. I understand the instructions as to how to set the compass, etc. and I can make a mean cup of coffee but I guess there are too many selections and I am not sure which to select for the other functions. I can continue to hunt and peck, but I would think there is one of you that has already walked this trail. The MGL factory is helpful to a certain extent (184 IQ engineers...what can you say).

A heart felt thank you in advance for any direction (written please and I mean flow chart written!)
David F. Jones
Memphis (Mud Island), TN
Aerovee powered Onex
N153TD
Based at KAWM and in the midst of Phase 1
Stogie6

Re: Step by Step How to for the MGL Discovery Lite

Postby Brett » Tue May 24, 2016 7:06 pm

I pressed so many buttons and changed so many things I don't even quite remember the process myself.
At this stage I have everything working however I'm also on my second unit. The first one kept losing airspeed signal during flight being nice and handy for my initial test flights. The second unit now works great but I can't seem to display the volts and Amps anymore. I was hoping a while ago someone may have a nice custom screen made up for the Sonex/aerovee that we could all use but perhaps those ideas are a bit early. Maybe when more people are flying with them it may come along.
Sonex 1645
VH-VWS
Tailwheel
Former Aerovee Turbo
Rotax 912
Brett

Re: Step by Step How to for the MGL Discovery Lite

Postby jjbardell » Wed May 25, 2016 12:30 am

I would be happy to help you out. I can talk you through it on the phone or FaceTime, I don't have any flow charts. Feel free to PM me your contact information. I am familiar with most of the unit including fuel flow, radios, transponder, page setups, etc.

Also, I am reprogramming screen 1 to include the Amp and will share that when I am complete. The new software update removed it from page 1 if your engine info is horizontal. It now only shows if you engine info is vertical. My new screen will have the current default plus AP, fuel flow, and amp feed for the new earthx batteries.

I'm also working on some new pages that will be really nice to add too. More to come.
Building: [11323] Zenith 750 CruzerDuty27.5 / O-320 [Instagram Build Log: Zenith750CruzerSTOL]
N67LJ - Vans RV-9A #90504 (SOLD)
N83LJ - Sonex #0864 (SOLD)
https://rvpilotlife.wordpress.com/blog/home/
jjbardell

Return to Avionics and Instruments