Eric From Indiana - Waiex 153

Re: Eric From Indiana - Waiex 153

Postby MichaelFarley56 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:23 pm

Hey Eric,

When you get home, let us know how the builder workshop went. I hope you had a good time and got lots of motivation to get cranking on the kit!
Mike Farley
Waiex #0056 - N569KM
Jabiru 3300A #1706
MGL Panel
MichaelFarley56

Postby revlis240 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:23 am

Mister Eric Seber!
Hey brother, its Abe from Los Angeles! Had a great time at the workshop, and ive already started cluttering my house with little sonex bits here and there :D

It was good to meet a lot of like minds, Ill follow your build and we will probably bounce some ideas off each other. Something I realized tonight (yes is 2am, and im still researching sonex stuff), you can order some of the very recent matched hole parts from sonex, along with possibly a new skin for that part thats bent. For example, a matched hole tail kit is only $350, and will probably save you a few hours of work. I would buy all the little bits I can to save time! The kits have gotten much better over the last few years it seems!

Anyway, we'll chat soon

Abe
Los Angeles, CA
revlis240

Postby mfazio » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:44 am

Abe & Eric,

Hope you guys enjoyed the workshop as much as I did. A great experience and very motivational. Now, back to machining parts....

Mike Fazio
Waiex #63
mfazio

Postby EricS » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:44 pm

MichaelFarley56 wrote:Hey Eric,

When you get home, let us know how the builder workshop went. I hope you had a good time and got lots of motivation to get cranking on the kit!

Hi Mike,

The workshop was great! It was well worth the time and expense to travel up there. There is only so much to can read online and view, but the experience of actually seeing all the models, the Sonex facilities, meeting the staff, and meeting other current and future builders helps bring everything together.

My Dad and I both learned a lot about the Sonex philosophy and design mentality. The practical project was great too. I have had experience in the past reading blueprints and drawings, but some aspects of the prints were different that what I'm used too. Kerry Fores' presentation on using the plans was very beneficial.

Meeting the staff and other builders was one of the most important aspects of the workshop. Getting connected is the name of the game and the workshop helps accomplish that goal.

After seeing the aircraft up close and viewing the flying demonstrations I almost which I was building a Onex! If I really didn't want the two place aircraft, I would be ordering a Onex kit. The performance, economy, and fighter pilot feel really appeals to me. Maybe that can be my second project!

Eric
Eric Seber
Waiex #153
Jasper, Indiana
http://www.mykitlog.com/EricS/
EricS

Postby EricS » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:55 pm

Mike & Abe,

It was great meeting you both at the workshop! It was extremely worthwhile and I learned a lot. We are all definitely in the same boat having purchased second-hand kits. I don't know if you all got the same feeling as me, but I kinda felt like the black sheep because I purchased my kit from a previous owner. I know their goal is to sell kits, but the second-hand market is only going to get bigger with the more kits they sell in general. I'm glad they say they will provide support to us just as they would for the original owner. I will most likely buy the instruments and engine from them because of the support they provide, so they will still get business from me. However, that didn't really seem to matter much.

I know in the end that they will provide above average support to any Sonex kit builder and that is one of the main reasons I chose the their product.

I'm on the road this week for work, so it's hard to contain my enthusiasm to get moving with the build! It was great meeting you both and we will definitely keep in touch and collaborate.

Cheers,
Eric
Eric Seber
Waiex #153
Jasper, Indiana
http://www.mykitlog.com/EricS/
EricS

Previous

Return to Introductions