Sonex Builders BBQ at Oshkosh 2024

Announce and discuss upcoming fly-ins

Re: Sonex Builders BBQ at Oshkosh 2024

Postby Timmyjane » Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:38 pm

Thanks for the info. I’ll be there with 3 other folks. Sounds like I might need to skip this gathering and just get a feel for the place this year. I’m driving in but will be parked in the camping area which I’m guessing might be a little difficult to get the truck in and out of.
Timmyjane

Postby WaiexN143NM » Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:34 pm

hi guy,

to get around airventure very easy . you will figure it out the first day. we would love to have you at the bbq. trust me best seats in the house for the nite airshow.
only $10 donation . soft drinks burgers brats and fixins. . chairs and bug spray reccomended.
dyon will be there
sling aircraft
sonex staff
sonex builders and pilots.

some give aways,

and great conversations all things sonex

michael.
WaiexN143NM

Postby Bryan Cotton » Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:45 pm

Timmyjane wrote: I’m driving in but will be parked in the camping area which I’m guessing might be a little difficult to get the truck in and out of.

Getting from Scholler to Wayne's is really easy. You just cut around the south end of the airport.
Bryan Cotton
Poplar Grove, IL C77
Waiex 191 N191YX
Taildragger, Aerovee, acro ailerons
dual sticks with sport trainer controls
Prebuilt spars and machined angle kit
Year 2 flying and approaching 200 hours December 23
Bryan Cotton

Postby Timmyjane » Thu Jul 11, 2024 6:28 am

Bryan Cotton wrote:
Timmyjane wrote: I’m driving in but will be parked in the camping area which I’m guessing might be a little difficult to get the truck in and out of.

Getting from Scholler to Wayne's is really easy. You just cut around the south end of the airport.

That was my earlier question. Are we allowed to cut across the field. It looks like an easy walk from there.
Timmyjane

Postby Bryan Cotton » Thu Jul 11, 2024 8:27 am

Timmyjane wrote:That was my earlier question. Are we allowed to cut across the field. It looks like an easy walk from there.

No way. You drive the truck out the south lot of Scholler around the south end of the airport on the roads. They absolutely don't let you cross the runway by foot.
Screenshot_20240711-083056.png
Bryan Cotton
Poplar Grove, IL C77
Waiex 191 N191YX
Taildragger, Aerovee, acro ailerons
dual sticks with sport trainer controls
Prebuilt spars and machined angle kit
Year 2 flying and approaching 200 hours December 23
Bryan Cotton

Postby Oshpilot » Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:50 am

All, Bryan’s map is absolutely the easiest way to my place. I personally recommend leaving the grounds halfway through the afternoon air show, as traffic is usually lightest then.
NO, you cannot walk across the field to my place. You wouldn’t arrive until the next day after making bail at the Winnebago County Jail…they take runway incursions VERY seriously!
After the past month of a LOT OF RAIN, the mosquito population is alive and ACTIVE. Recommend you bring a can of OFF or your favorite repellent along. I am actually hiring a service that will be spraying our property on Monday, but your own repellent is still good advice.

FINALLY, a reminder that I need you to sign up by NOON ON MONDAY, JULY 22. This is so that I can purchase sufficient supplies for the cookout. I appreciate your help here!
Remember, bring skeeter repellent, a lawn chair, camera, your appetite and expectations of a good time and great airshow! We’ll have burgers, brats and the fixings. I’m planning 2 each..wether burger, brat or combination..
Wayne
Wayne, Oshkosh, Sonex N444SX, Conventional gear, Jab 3300, Enigma
Oshpilot

Postby WaiexN143NM » Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:31 am

Hi all time is rolling by,
The weather forcast looks good so far. lets keep our fingers crossed. One sign up so far nobody has voluntered, for giving rides. Please consider doing so at least a couple people.
If anyone needs a ride please post on here. Maybe you can get someone to connect and exchange ph numbers.
Dont wait till the last minute, otherwise lyft or uber may be your saviour.

Safe travels.

Wayne reports lots of mosquitoes.
come prepared!

Dont forget the Sonex open house on sunday.

michael.
WaiexN143NM

Postby builderflyer » Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:54 am

WaiexN143NM wrote:
believe me i know, i was late to waynes because giving rides, and art kruger and his wife stepped up
to man the check in table.

michael.

Michael, thanks for the recognition. Unfortunately, Patricia and I won't be making it to KOSH this summer. What's more painful is that my airpark neighbor here in California is a beta tester for Dynon and he may very well be at the BBQ again this year (and he's an RV7A guy).

Hope you all have a fun year at the show.

Art,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sonex taildragger #95,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Jabiru 3300 #261
builderflyer

Postby WaiexN143NM » Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:08 pm

Hi art,

Sorry you wont be attending this year, was always good to see you and your wife.
Please make sure your friend signs up, maybe hes part of the dynon group coming with dave webber.
Looks like a good turnout, and some swag to give out.

hopefully you can attend next year!

hoping for a safe airventure 2024.

michael.
WaiexN143NM

Postby builderflyer » Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:54 pm

WaiexN143NM wrote:Hi art,

Please make sure your friend signs up, maybe hes part of the dynon group coming with dave webber.

michael.

Sorry I wasn't very clear regarding my neighbor,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if he goes to the BBQ he will be part of the "Dynon group".

Art,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sonex taildragger #95,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Jabiru 3300 #261
builderflyer

PreviousNext

Return to Fly-Ins